Saturday, January 16, 2010

Mmm...Thai Ice Tea :) [DIY] + Haiti Earthquake & Tagged/Award

Hello ladies! Today I feel like posting something different. (Steph of Julu Jewelry, this is for you hun =])

Raise your hands if you love Thai Ice Tea? *Raises hand* Raise your hands if you don't like spending $3 or above on a single drink of Thai Ice Tea? *Raises hand* Let me show you guys how you can make your very own Thai Ice Tea at the comfort of your home! Its really easy! :)


HEAVY PICS ahead. You've been warned. Mmmkay :)







THE STUFF WE NEED AND GOING TO USE :)







The Elements (Our Ingredients)

Thai Tea Leaves

[NOTE: It is imperative that you use Thai tea leaves and not just any other tea leaves. Or you won't get the same taste. Why do you think its called Thai Ice tea? :)]
Half and Half

[NOTE: You can use any milk you want, whether its regular milk or condensed one. I prefer half/half since its neither runny/liquidy or thick]

Sugar



Lets get it on!







Step 1: Boil water







STEP 2: Add your tea leaves


Here's my ratio:

1 cup of water = 2 tablespoon of tea leaves


In this case, I used 4 cups of water :) Ones you get the hang of making this, you just eyeball how much you want to put in the water and how much flavor you want to get from your tea leaves. More leaves = Stronger flavor. Its just like making any other tea.

Make sure you mix it a bit :)







STEP 3: Let it simmer for a couple minutes

I simmer it for about 5 minutes. The longer you simmer, the more flavor you get out from the leaves :)

Smell is fantastic!






The other strainer is apparently too big for my tiny pitcher, so gotta use the baby one lol

STEP 4: Drain the Tea

WARNING: The tea itself is staining, so in this process just be careful about spilling some of the tea into your white shirt. I'm draining my tea on the sink so any spill can be easily cleaned.




Whats left





OPTIONAL STEP: Chill Tea in the Refrigerator


The tea is very hot at this point, and what are we making again? Thai ICE tea right? So yea, we might want to chill this for a bit so that when we put our ice it won't just melt off. And its fantastic when really chilled :)









The Concoction :)








STEP 5: Pour Thai tea into desired glass, filling it about more than halfway through.

Don't overfill it or else we won't have any space for our milk.







STEP 6: Add your milk

At this point, its up to you how much milk you want for you ice tea.


See how it's already turning into that color we all know and crave for? :))






STEP 7: Add sugar


Again, this is up to you how much you want it to be sweet. No rules here. You can pour the whole thing if you want be my guest. Just don't blame me for being hyper the whole day. :)








STEP 8: Mix everything







STEP 9: Put some Ice

Cuz its yummier if its cooold







FINAL STEP: Slurp and Thank ME


I love you too :)





Let's take a moment to here..




[source: reuters.com]



I'm sure all of you heard about the Haiti Earthquake tragedy. It's very sad how disaster such as this is so inevitable. But we stay in our lovely and cozy abode and just feel sorry for them, we NEED to take action. A couple of dollars goes a long way. So if you have some money, Paypal is willing to take any amount of donate to the victims of the Haiti earthquake.

CLICK HERE to head to donation site.


I heard UPS suspended their free shipping under 50 lbs to the victims of the Haiti. Fcking Bogus. Don't tell people you are willing to ship for free then the next day, encourage people to work on organizations such as American red cross and Unicef.



Ok last one :)

I was tagged by the adorable Zoe of 13December.


The tag is called "Once upon a Time" Here are the rules:


1. Post a picture from your childhood (less than 13 yrs old).
2. Write about the picture.
3.Tag your friends and readers.


Are you ready to see this? Drumroll please.....







LMAO. With the backpack, rubber shoes, and bangs.. what a total knock off. Not to mention, my brother looking like a chimpanzee at a tender young age. Lol... i kid i kid. Now Nickelodeon, before you file for copyright infringement, mind you this was taken in 1992 and Dora was first aired in 1999. So I win... and I want my full name in the credit list thank you.



Anyways, like I mentioned earlier this was taken back in 1992. I'm doing like a "dress rehearsal" for my big day, which is my very first day of school. Yes, dress rehearsal for school. How dorky can you get. But I remember I was pretty excited! My brother just want to be in the picture. Me and my brother love to be in a photo; we're such a camwhore at a young age.



She also tagged me with this award:




RULES
1.Remember to link back to the person who awarded you!
2. Select 5 more bloggers that you think are dolls and link them at the bottom.
3. Tell about a character from a book/movie /drama that you most like.

4. Post the picture and title on your blog permanently if you'd like.







I pick the main character from my favorite book of all time, which is "Veronika Decides to Die" by Paulo Coehlo... and who else could it be but Veronika Deklava.


Of all the books I've read she is the one I feel like I can relate to the most. She seemed to have everything, yet she questions the meaning of life and its purpose. She analyzes every single thing and just think beyond the limits, such as who determine what is real or not, wrong or right. Upon staying at the mental asylum, and on top of that, was told she has days to live, she eventually break herself from the "conventional way" of thinking and try to have an open mind and see life in a different perspective.

I am the same way... I think about everything. Sometimes, I think I overthink, if that makes sense. I am very aware of my emotions. I questions things from time to time, and I push myself in finding these answers. To be honest I wasn't this way until I suffer from OCD at some point on my life (Yes, I did have OCD and was officially diagnosed by it. Its not funny when people thinks OCD people are clean freaks... its more to that and its very draining and mentally ,emotionally consuming) Life was carefree before, but since having OCD, everything changed just like that. Now, having this kind of mindset where I just analyze and look at things very thoroughly, I feel like my life has more meaning than ever. I don't know how else to describe it but I feel like when, say, there's a party I am going to attend.. I feel like im twice as happy as most people in the event. I feel like I appreciate stuff more than ever after breaking away from OCD, which was by the way, THE BEST feeling in the world. (well, being in love is first :))


Bottomline... I'm such a dork. LOL. WOW... I think I got carried away or what?! I'm sorry. Well there you go my Zoe baby :)


I'm tagging these people (The photo tag and the award)

Ezzie Baby
Steph (Julu)
ShopNChomp
Manju
KYM
Vanilla
DinaXYYAN
Jackie02
Julie (Pop Champagne)
AmyNaree
Linda (xoladiihoneyxo)

And you!




Haul Post coming up! 1 more week till I'm 23 bitches!


xoxo



22 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever seen Thai Tea LEAVES at the asian store. It's always been the stupid mixes that make me feel kinda sick afterwards.

    I just went to a Thai restaurant with the bf tonight, unlimited Thai iced tea-- which meant we both had like 3 glasses. We're wired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. raising both hands....I love my thai Ice tea with evaporated milk....hehe...awww...cute....u & your bro are cuter than dora & boots...really...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Thai Ice Tea!!! You didn't add any bolba? =[ Getting Thai Ice Tea at a Thai restaurant is so expensive, especially if it's at the mall. But I always end up getting it anyways since it's delicious! haha. I've never seen Thai tea leaves before O_O Hopefully I can find them. It's been ages since I last had one. haha.

    oh shizzleeeee. I'm tagged!? I thought I wouldn't be. lol.

    Happy early birthday love! You have nothing to look forward (since you're legal age and already pass the age to drink legally) except for expanding your career and getting married (and/or have kids)! I kid you. hehe. sooner or later, you're going to be looking forward to your retiring days. c[= I'm still a baby >.<

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweetie, lovely post :) And that tea looks sooo yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..I never tried making Thai Ice tea before coz we have the already made ones so I think u really id a great job^^

    I feel so bad foor ppl in Haiti too so thanks for posting the link.

    Thanks for doing my tags, u look so adorable in that picture and u do look so much like Dora..ha ha ha...we all seem to have had bangs.

    I am going to get that book coz Paulo Coelho is one of my favorite authors but I have only read "The Alchemist"..

    Have a great weekend hun~

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG you were so cuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!!!!!!!!!!! awwww totally adorable <3
    thanks for tagging me babes.
    i love that book too, and this is such a coincidence, coz i just got the veronika decides to die movie and was thinking i'll watch it this week. have you seen it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the recipe - who doesn't love Thai iced tea right?

    Wow and I do feel extremely overanalytical sometimes, but don't think it is OCD yet. But I do know people that have been clinically depressed and the aftermath, the breakthrough is beautiful. Glad you're well too.

    Have a fab weekend and thanks for sharing Haiti info.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww thanks A LOT for tagging me dear!!
    sure will do this soon
    :)
    btw bahahhahah ur bro looks like chimpanzee??does he read this blog?
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. ROTFL! Hel-lo ASIAN DORA! XD Aw, you two look like two cutie patooties.

    Congrats on the award, and thank you for extending it to me!

    I lurve Thai iced tea! I always get it when I go out for Thai. =) Thank you honey for the recipe....BIG YAY!!

    On a serious note, my heart and prayers go to the people of Haiti. I have donated to Unicef and hope they will eventually get all the help they need. And wtf is up with UPS?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I told u yesterday how great ur tea looked but i wanted to show you some blogger love too! Thanks for following me! I'm glad I found another Urlacher fan amongst all these wonderful girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooo thanks for the recipe, where do you get the thai tea leaves from?
    i wanna try this out, it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for the tag! i'll have to start looking for a pic of me from my younger years.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY! thanks for this hun! look yummy <3 i will definitely try it out =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never put off till tomorrow what may be done today..........................

    ReplyDelete
  15. the drink looks really good!

    love your blog! :)
    - Audrey Allure <3
    http://audreyallure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks for the award and omggg I just posted a kid pic of me prior to reading your post! I must be phychic hahahaha but thanks soo much for tagging me :D And where do you get thai leaves? That looks really good and if it's that easy to make I'd rather make it myself instead of spending $4 buying it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh em gee, you made thai tea!!! it look so yummy my dad use to make it but he would use evaporated milk which makes it taste creamier

    thanks for the tag hun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh My GOodness, I haven't been getting ANY of your blog posts in my feed, so I thought you just haven't been blogging lately!! >__< Gah, don't know why~!? =/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE THAI ICE TEA! I could chug this down like water! SOOOO yummy. I always got the instant stuff tho. Now for the real deal! Thank you for the DIY. you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i will definitely have to try that tea! and you and your bro looked so cutie : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. That looks so good! :) Can you buy the Thai tea leaves from anywhere?!
    That picture of you and your bro is so cute! I love it!
    And I heard that Paulo was a good author. Must check this book out for sure!
    Hope you are well!
    --Ciara<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  22. Iced tea is good!
    that looks really yummy!

    LOL at the Asian DORA
    hahaha!
    with no less than Boots of course!
    you look so cute,hun!

    sorry im not able to drop by at your blog lately...so busy with lots of stuff
    >_<

    ReplyDelete

Thanks Bellas for stopping by!!! I'll get back at you as soon as I can. xoxo