Tuesday, April 19, 2011

On The Spot: Bare Escentuals BareVitamins Prime Time (Foundation Primer)



Hello ladies! Here's another product review that I have for quite awhile now. I try to use products as long as I can until I'm very positive about how I feel and thoughts regarding them. Today, its the Bare Escentuals BareVitamins Prime Time.

Here's what it looks like






I've been looking for a good primer for awhile now for my obnoxiously oily skin. I originally wanted to buy THE OTHER Prime Time which is the Oil Control one but unfortunately for me, they're out of stock at that time. So regardless, the SA recommended to get this one instead.


This product is part of Sephora's natural products (according to Sephora,these products have high concentrations of antioxidant,minerals,botanicals, fruit extracts you name it) so that sounds pretty good. Product retails for $21..its on the pricey side,but not brutally pricey I guess.






The formula is in a clear,gel like form as shown above, quite reminds me of the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer but the Smashbox one is a TAD bit just more liquidy..this one is more "thicker" but not so much.




After blending the product


What I like about it is how it glides smoothly to your skin. At first the formula feels like its quite oily,but as soon as you apply it and blend it, it feels soft and smooth. Its not sticky or tacky at all.It does absorbs fast as well. Like how the product description claims, it is non-flaky. I usually used 1 or 2 pumps and thats about it...but at times I go overboard lol. But I didnt have any problem with flaking at all..

...and THATS about it for the positives.

After an hour of using this product, I realized my skin began to oil again. Yes an HOUR only. I know my skin is stubbornly oily, but I've gotten at least over an hour with other products without having my makeup completely melt off. I noticed my foundation (especially liquid) starts to reside under my fine lines (especially under the eye area) which looks just tacky! I realized my skin got more oilier with this on than any other primer I've had use! Thats a major let down.

As far as minimizing enlarge pores as it claims to do, uhm...no,not really. It does even out skin texture at first, but like I said after an hour or so, my makeup is completely gone because I'm oily again.


Overall,I was disappointed. I really want this to work but unfortunately it didn't. Maybe I should give the other Prime Time (Oil Control) a try since its more specific on controlling oil than this one, but this one really didn't do so much of keeping the foundation on my skin intact..at least for a longer time.


PROS:

-Natural (according to Sephora)
- Glides very smoothly
- Formula not sticky or tacky
-Fast absorbing
-Not flaky

CONS:

-Doesn't last long
- Foundation resides on fine lines
- Doesn't minimize pores
- Expensive


Rating: 3/5

Will repurchased? Not this one, but I will consider the Prime Time Oil Control one.



Hope this is helpful to all of you! Enjoy the rest of the week ladies!





xoxo


FTC disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with the product/brand featured on this post. Item was purchased by my own money. Opinions are based on experience and are honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks Bellas for stopping by!!! I'll get back at you as soon as I can. xoxo