Wednesday, May 4, 2011

On the Spot: L'oreal Lineur Intense Carbon Black Felt Tip Eye liner

Hello everyone! Today I will be doing a review on the L'oreal Lineur Intense Carbon Black Felt Tip Eye liner :)






This is the second time I've used a liquid gel liner, first one is the wet n wild one which I first tried in my teen innocent years. Going to be honest, I didn't really know what I was doing back then or how to use it properly since I don't have a steady hand and can't seem to master using a liquid liner. Since then I swore that I wouldn't use any liquid liner...ever!


That idea one day changed when I saw Kate Moss Promotional Photos for Dior Addict Lipstick..damn those cat eye look! Plus, I've read a couple blog post regarding the dollywink liner that looks very promising! So yeah.. that's enough sale talk right there, you got me lol


On with the review..



First the packaging.. I like how the handle almost resembles a pen, it gives you a lot of control and precision..great for beginners like me(yes I consider myself a beginner)





The felt tip size is pretty decent for my taste (not too small nor too big). It glides well over my lid without it being too flimsy nor too firm.







Color wise, you can definitely build the intensity of the color. I wouldn't really say its intensely black with the first application, but very achievable by building it up...which I don't have a problem at all because I'd rather have something to build with that have something to lessen. The liner dries pretty quick as well.




Now for some test drive


I tested how long this will last me. My definition of long lasting is anything that can last up to 8 hours minimum just so you know :)

Reference: I have really oily lids. So the result of this test might be different from other people.




Before photos.









After 8 hours. I swear those are different pictures from the before photos. Quite amazing they last that long.



*Note: I started to see some fading and flakiness around about after 11 hours (should've taken photos! duh..stupid) in the inner corner of my eyes and the flakiness can be seen more in the winged part of the liner.



Now, here's the biggest drawback of all.....










It rubs off really easily :(( I used my finger, rubbed about 2x back and forth.



I've read about how other people have a problem with the flakiness, I honestly didn't have any problem with these until about 11 hours like I stated above. It could probably be because I have really oily lids lol.

Another personal CON (I say personal because it only applies to me, not sure if it does for everybody) is that I find the finish to be shiny or glossy; It's no biggie, but having a glossy eyeliner could possibly magnify how oily my lids are.



PROS:

Handle resembles pen for easy control and precision
Felt tip glides well (not too flimsy nor too firm)
Build-able color intensity
Can last up to 8 hours or more (if you can keep your hands from rubbing your eyes)
No bad reactions
Cheap- $7-8

CONS:
Easily rubs off :(
A little bit shiny/glossy.. can accentuate oily lids.



Overall, I am satisfied with this product. I think this is great for beginners. Even though this product rubs off very easily, it still can last for at least 8 hours as long as you don't rub it off. Most of the time if a product smudges or rubs off fairly easily, its a big thumbs down for me. What really amazes me about this product is the fact I have a really oily lid but someone this product managed to stay in my lids for quite a long time. So yes, its amazing.

Rate It- 4/5

Will repurchase- Yes.



Have you tried this product yet? What do you think? If not, will you buy it?


xoxo



FTC disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the product/brand featured on this blog post. No product or monetary compensation involved. I purchased this product with my own money. Opinions are based from experience and are completely honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks Bellas for stopping by!!! I'll get back at you as soon as I can. xoxo