Monday, June 13, 2011

My Very First Birchbox

Hello everyone. I just recently jumped into the Birchbox bandwagon since everyone seems to be talking about it here and there.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Birchbox, its basically a company that gives you monthly free deluxe samples from high end brands such as NARS, Kiehls, Stila, Korres etc in a box. A box usually have 4-5 items. You have 2 options to get your own samples-- either a yearly subscription (cost- $110) or a monthly subscription (cost-$10 per month) I chose the $10/month since I'm new to this. Whats good about the $10 a month sub is that you can cancel anytime.


I got my package on 6/10.. pretty early than what I expected. Was excited to see it on the mail...








Its bright pink!






A box in a box


As soon as I opened box, I noticed the item card to be stained..but didnt pay attention to it much. As soon as unfold the tissue, I was stun at what I saw






: (((




The Xen-Tan tube has exploded..and its all over to the one side of my box!!! My initial reaction was very displeased because this is my very first Birchbox ever! But I contacted the company right away and asked them what they want to do to resolve this.

After 2 days (2 days possibly because its the weekend?) I got an email from Loren and she said

"We're terribly sorry to hear that your Xen-Tan exploded in your box! We would absolutely send you replacement samples, however, we don't have any more left in our inventory. I've gone ahead and refunded you for this month's box, for which you should receive an email confirming this shortly."

And I got an email as well from the company, confirming my refund. Now that's good customer service right there. I've dealt with companies that has bad customer service and you know it is a good one when they won't even asked a thing or two and just right away offer something or refund your money, no questions ask. I replied back saying its ok if I don't get the samples, and I told them instead of giving me back my refund if they can just credit the $10 towards next months Birchbox since I would like to get another one.. unfortunately though they had already processed it. Oh wells, no biggie :)



Anyways, now lets see the rest of the items!





From Left Clockwise:

2 Herban Essentials Towelettes (Full size price- $15)
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil Free Lotion (Full size price- $24.50)
Kate Spade Twirl (3.4 fl ounce - $80)
Laura Gellar Baked Blush-N-Brighten in Apricot Berry -- the one I got btw IS full size (Full size- $29.50)




ahh I was really excited about the blush-- not only it is full size but the color is very appealing!







Shimmery salmony color.. very pretty!!!




Despite the Xen-Tan explosion, I'm very pleased with my first Birchbox. I can't wait to try the Kiehl facial lotion as well! I'd read mixed reviews about it..people saying samples aren't really considered as deluxe since they're getting packets instead. I would like to see next month's box!




Have you tried Birchbox? Did you like this months samples?




xoxo



FTC Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with the company featured on this post. Opinions are honest and true. Items paid with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks Bellas for stopping by!!! I'll get back at you as soon as I can. xoxo